For those employed in the building and manufacturing industries, safety shoes, also known as safety boots, are important. These are Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which prevents the injury of workers due to chemicals, slippery surfaces, sharp penetrating edges, splinters, electricity, etc. For areas such as construction sites, industrial settings and more where foot accidents are common, these shoes are a must-have. Different styles of Safety shoes are available on the market:
What is difference between safety and not safety shoe?
SAFETY TOED SHOES: These shoes are made of alloy, steel, and non-metallic toe cap. These are the best option for those who are employed to ride bikes, trucks, etc.
METAL INSTEP FOOTWEAR: They keep the foot safe from injuries and accidents. Metal instep footwear is worn by those who lift heavy equipment and machines.
STEEL INSOLE SHOES: These shoes protect from joints problems. They are also useful for bike and heavy truck riders.
METATARSAL SHOES: These shoes are also called drop hazards. They are mainly designed to protect the upper part of bones and feet.
ELECTRIC HAZARD SHOES: Those employees who work with wiring, circuits, and high voltage machines must wear these safety shoes. They ensure safety when you are exposed to electricity.
Now, as you know what kinds of safety shoes are needed for a specific job, you can buy one that fits your requirements. There are, however, a few variables that should be taken into consideration at the time of purchasing safety shoes.
What is important when choosing the right Safety shoe?
1. SAFETY ASSURANCE: This is one of the most important factors to look at while purchasing a pair of protective footwear. Shoes should protect the feet from hazards. For foot safety, Shoes should be a combination of metatarsal guards, good sole material, safety toe caps, and steel plate soles. In short, the overall materials used for manufacturing safety shoes should be flexible, reliable, and durable.
2. COMFORT LEVEL: As you know these shoes are manufactured for construction industries. So, they must be comfortable to wear. Make sure when you buy safety footwear, they must have an appropriate space for toes, there should be no pinching and cramping. These shoes should provide adequate support in the arch and heel. Safety shoes must be appropriate for a warm and cool climate. After wearing these shoes, not only your feet but your hips, knees, and lower back should also be aligned.
3. FITTING: Fitting of shoes is also very important. The instep should fit snug and should not be tightened. Otherwise, it would result in excessive slipping. The ball of the boot should fit the ball of the foot. Overall, shoes must provide a good grip.
4. OUTSOLE OFFERINGS: We often focus on insole safety measures. But we forget about outsole features. Also, good safety shoes must have perfect outsole. They should provide excellent resistance to heat, chemicals, oil, gas, chips, marking and slipping. When you face conditions like an unsafe temperature, an outsole should be a life savior.
5. PRICE: The cost of safety shoes is also an important factor. The price of shoes must justify its features. It is recommended to purchase it from a trustworthy brand rather than from any cheap and unknown brand.
You should wear a protective shoe with impact-resistant, anti-piercing, slip-resistant properties while you are working on a construction site. It is not just a regular safety shoe that can avoid dirt or scratches in this situation.
Choosing the wrong safety shoe may cause foot problems associated with health or even other serious harm to your hips, knees, ankles, and so on, such as arthritis.
We have selected some of best deals in Safety Shoe shop Category.
Footwear is Essential PPE for Workers - Occupational Health and SafetyFebruary 1, 2021 - Occupational Health and Safety
Footwear is Essential PPE for Workers Occupational Health and Safety...
The Best Work Boots of 2021 - GearJunkieFebruary 18, 2021 - GearJunkie
The Best Work Boots of 2021 GearJunkie...
Getting a Grip on Slip Resistance - Occupational Health and SafetyFebruary 1, 2021 - Occupational Health and Safety
Getting a Grip on Slip Resistance Occupational Health and Safety...
New Michelin® Safety Footwear Available Online and At Select Retailers - PRNewswireSeptember 9, 2020 - PRNewswire
New Michelin® Safety Footwear Available Online and At Select Retailers PRNewswire...
Put Your Best Foot Forward: How to Choose the Right Boot for the Job - Occupational Health and SafetyApril 1, 2020 - Occupational Health and Safety
Put Your Best Foot Forward: How to Choose the Right Boot for the Job Occupational Health and Safety...